Here's one for a mental image. Picture this: I'm lying in bed (by myself - hubby's out of town, coaching) in an old t-shirt and shorts, in my glasses, under the covers, laptop on my chest. Lights are out. To see to type I have my camping head lamp on my forehead.
I must be a sight to see. No wonder I never get any sex these days...
Anywhoo.... I digress. I got back from a trade show late Friday nite. The only thing interesting about the show were the booths around me. Since there wasn't much traffic we were all chattin' it up with each other to pass the time. On one side was a company that sold pulse oxymetry stuff . Don't know what that is? Don't worry - you're not missing anything. 2 guys working the booth - one would work while the other was off doing something. Most of my conversations were with the younger guy. We'll get to him.
The other side of me was a company that made pill boxes in the US. A family company - mom, dad and daughter. The daughter was a few years older than me. Now they were MY PEOPLE!!! What a hoot!!!!!
Pill box family - if you're out there - Anita, Frank and Leslie - I would like to thank you for making an otherwise lackluster show probably one of the most entertaining trade shows I've been to in quite a long time! (Definitely the most enjoyable one I've been to with this company!!!)
Probably one of the best parts was when - somehow - it came up in conversation that young guy from PO company DIDN'T KNOW WHO JIMMY BUFFET WAS!!??? Ok, well, he'd heard of him but thought he was a country singer... and the kid was only 26 and from San Diego.. Apparently Anita and Frank are / were parrot heads and Anita proceeded to give the kid a proper lecture on the finer points of Jimmy. Leslie (daughter) and I were rolling!!!!
Poor kid never lived it down. Even as he was packing up to leave all of us were reminding him to have fun in Margaritaville...
I swear I saw him give us the finger as he left the convention center...
Oh, and now I have enough pill boxes to last me until I die...
4 comments:
A miner's light? Don't they have lamps where you live? I mean, we've got them in FarmVegas. Maybe I'll send you one for Christmas. The miner's light had to be hawt.
I'm just thinking the miner's light might help you get some, especially if you take the hubby to Margaritaville first.
I'm just thinking the miner's light might help you get some, especially if you take the hubby to Margaritaville first.
Ok, that lamp imagery is just priceless!
Post a Comment