Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Ginko, honey, ginko....

Where I live to the Canadian border is a little over 3 hours. After you cross over the border I have another hour and a half until I reach my corporate headquarters.

In case you don't know, acceptable means to get through the US/ Canadian border is 1) a passport OR 2) a drivers license AND a birth certificate. This will change soon to just a passport or a newfangled thing they call an enhanced drivers license. But I digress... I only use my passport because, well, I have one. (and really - who carries their birth certificate around??)

I had to go to headquarters over a week ago. I left on a Sunday afternoon. I got all the way to the border when I realized SHIT!

I forgot my passport.

I called my hubby in tears.

I know - not the worst thing to get all teared up about, but I've been doing a LOT of stupid things lately of which I've chosen not to blog about. This was the icing on the cake...

I turned around and my FABULOUS hubby got in his car and met me half way to bring said forgotten passport to me. All he did was reassure me that it could happen to anyone. (did anyone else put 2 and 2 together and realize that he did this during a NASCAR race to boot?? he didn't mention it at all...)

And even though I was certain he would at least tease me that I should be taking ginko for memory (which he used to tease me about ALL the time), he didn't say it at all...

No comments: