OK, I know I haven't posted in a while and here's why. My computer is still broken!!!!
I don't like to bitch about work on my blog - you never know who's going to be reading... but we have an inept IT dept and essentially I have to do my own IT-ing. (or try to anyway...) So with the help of our CORPORATE IT dept. (which is different than our company IT dept. - don't try and understand, it's confusing) me and D actually wiped the operating system off my computer and reinstalled it about the time I posted last.
So - to make a long, laborious story really short (and I mean it this time) I'm running on the barest of essentials on the computer. Oh yeah - and all the time that it took to do that, combined with all the time I wasted limping along with a computer that wasn't working properly, I'm kinda behind at work - hence not updating the blog. I'm waiting on a new computer that's taken our IT guy 3 weeks to "get around" to ordering and another 3 weeks to get in and god knows how long for him to actually get it to me...
I have a lot to tell you! I've been to TWO concerts at the NY State Fair, I had friends come visit from CA, I'm leaving today to go to a NASCAR race in VA this weekend, I'll be in Canada (for work) most of next week, I'm off to CA the end of next week for my best friend's wedding. (taking a deep breath....) In October I'm headed to Boston for a week and Atlanta for a week (yes, both for work) but it's not a much traveling as a usually do that month. And in Nov. I'm headed to Seattle and then to Anaheim in December for work - where I'm stickin' around and D's flying out so we can spend some time at Disney with friend's - mini-vacation!!!!
AND my cousin Laura is getting married!! WHOO HOO and she asked me to be "her girl" in the wedding!! I'm SOOOO excited- it's a destination wedding on the coast of NC - next June, of course - but we're already starting to look for beach houses for the week!!!
I'm just tired of thinking about it... but there you go.
5 comments:
2 things--1. Do NOT forget your passport when you go to Canada--those people are wimpy but firm
2. My dad and his wife just bought a house at OBX they are renting out. Sleeps 20, etc.. if that is near where you are going and interested let me know.
HANG IN THERE!!
I miss traveling...enjoy Disney!
Stupid IT guys. That's why they have to stay in the basement.
Atlanta? When?
Hey, i just love reading your blogs, they really take me back to the days of corporate cohorting :)
Post a Comment