Last night I hosted Bunco. Or as D likes to call it, Plinko. I was already behind the 8-ball when I discovered Monday night that I had forgotten to purchase the prizes.
Quick call to KVeg - not working out darling - must go purchase Bunco prizes!!!
Which is not an easy thing to do for a non-shopper, mind you!
But I did it. And came home to hastily make dinner (at 8pm) and prep for the festivities the next evening. You know, chop veggies for dip. Make dip. Make other dip so it only has to be put in the oven, etc...
Last night D knew I was going to come home in Tazmanian-devil mode. Here was part of my to-do list to get ready for the evening:
- pre-heat oven
- vacuum
- empty kitty litter
- set out tables
- covers for tables
- set out Bunco "stuff" on tables
- set out snacks on tables
- finish veggie dip
- finish cutting radishes I forgot on Monday
- slice cheese and salami that I also forgot on Monday
- stick buffalo dip in oven
Set out:
- hummus (vegan!!)
- salsa (vegan!!!)
- soda
- cups
- bowls, plates, napkins, platicware
- chips (2 kinds)
- crackers
-etc...
You get the idea. All before 6:30-ish. I don't get home until at least 5:30.
I stepped in the door and the hubby had already vacuumed, emptied kitty litter, tidied up the kitchen, set out the tables and chairs and lit a candle. AND he had moved a floor lamp into the room because there's poor lighting in there.
Hell - I hadn't even thought of the lamp!!
collectively now: AAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!
He's sweet isn't he? He said he knew I had a lot to do and wanted to help out a little....
aaawwww....
thanks hon ; )
4 comments:
way to go D!
we sure landed us some good guys!!! ;^)
Go D! Go D!
How does one play Bunco--food and prizes, this sounds fun!
so sweet!! I want in on Bunco night :( I have gone with friends once or twice here but I don't get it!
Post a Comment