The hubby said he'd take me out to brunch this morning if I went to crew practice with him first. Hmmm.... Decisions, decisions.... They're not on the water yet (still thawing out here, you know) so they had indoor practice and today was just an "erg test". Which is were the rowers sit on a rowing machine and go as fast as they can for 2000 meters.
Good news was I didn't have to suffer cold and wind on the water for a free breakfast. But I did have to endure a gym full of the hormone-driven stank that accompanies boys of this age when they work out - and that accompanies their personal hygiene that they do, or possibly don't, practice at this age. It is a unique "musk" that I try encounter as least often as I possibly have to...
Overheard at practice:
MD (to his friend): Hurry up man! I want to get home and eat lunch!!
Me: MD, it's only 10am!!
MD: Well yeah, my first lunch. (insert "duh" eye roll here)
So here's a warning to all you parents out there with boys. This will be you trying to feed your teenager one day. And I don't know how many lunches a teenage boy requires. Or breakfasts or dinners for that matter. I didn't even ask. So start saving now to pad your grocery bill for those teenage years to come.
Don't say I didn't warn you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment