Friday, September 16, 2011

Potential Tactical Error

I may have made a potential tactical error tonight. I will warn you - this contains bodily functional TMI. Keep reading at your own peril.

Due to a crazy day and even the best of intentions I did not consume the most nutritious meals for breakfast and lunch. Although not entirely bad by themselves - they definitely were not enough to sustain me for our 10 mile long run tomorrow. So when I came home I announced to the hubby I needed a substantial dinner. Not a huge one, mind you. Just a better smattering of veggies and real meat than what I ingested thus far today.

So I chose Outback because 1) nothing beats a salad, slab of steak and some steamed veggies and 2) I had a killer coupon. Who can argue with that???

It did occur to me on the way to dinner "do I want to eat steak before a long run??" Truthfully - I've eaten worse. I decided I'm not concerned about the meat and thus continued on.

So I ate my salad. And my little 6oz steak. And I broke down and got the garlic mashed taters instead of steamed veggies. (We can't all be saints....) I love those taters!! My last delicous bite was actually garlic, not even potato! Yum!!

But before we were even out of the restaurant I was already gassy.

Uh oh.

See, I've come to realize over the past year or two that garlic and onions (esp fresh ones) give me HORRIBLE gas. That's a predicament because I love garlic so much I'd prefer to be "Gassy Aunt Gerty" than give it up. Onions.... it's a toss up. I love fresh ones in salad and I really love sauted ones!! I'm torn.

It's right about now I realize not only have I ingested all this garlic in the potatoes but also a boat load of fresh red onions in my salad!!

Hmmmmm..... a delimma indeed.

But it might not be what you think. I'm not worried about having terrible gas cramps. (Although I suppose that's a real possibility...) I'm more worried about running 10 miles thinking I could conceivably hold my farts in. Well it ain't happenin'. Which means I'll be having my own personal parade, complete with horn section, during my run tomorrow. And I'm sure some spectators will be suspect of said parade when they wonder who's setting off all the stink bombs....
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Garlic does the same to me, but it doesn't stop me from eating TONS of it. Poor Jason.

Zoo Keeper said...

Oh yeah!! Me too!!! (much to the hubby's chagrin. There may or may not have been a few conversations involving one of us sleeping on the couch a few times...)