Some of you may have read on FB that the hubby and I are training for a half marathon on October 16th. Starting now I will be randomly posting thoughts, experiences, observations and reflections about this process on my blog. You know - things I really don't want EVERYONE on FB to read.
I know why most workout bottoms are black.
Yesterday we had a 9 mile long run. We usually do these down at the park, well, because, our race IS at the park. What better place to train than on your course? Because it was cool that morning I decided to wear my charcoal capri spandex pants. I generally wear skorts. But I wanted my knees covered since it was only in the 50's. And they're charcoal because I got them on sale at my one of my fav catalog workout gear places (www.titlenine.com) and they were sold out of my size in black at the time...
We set out. Apparently a local shoe store was conducting a couch-to-5K training session so there were LOTS of people already at the park. They were in groups walking so they weren't too hard to jog around. When we hit mile 2.5 mile mark we starting seeing LOTS of people RUNNING (as in really fast!) the opposite direction from us. Apparently participating in a US Army 5K run. The hubby looked at me "Why do I feel like a salmon swimming upstream??" We didn't know where their turn around point was. All we could hope for was that we hit the bridge before they lapped us. 'Cuz they were hoofin' it! (luckily we did turn off the course - to the bridge - before they caught us! whew!)
The rest of the run was uneventful. As I was kicking it to finish our run I was passing a lot more people who had come out to enjoy the beautiful weather. I only had a half mile to go when I looked down.
That's when I saw it.
My crotch sweat.
Now, I ALWAYS have crotch sweat. (sorry. TMI, I know.) But it was REALLY obvious in gray pants!!! So much so that it looked like I PEED MYSELF!! This, I realize, would not have been nearly as noticable in the same pants, but black....
Great... I know my body and I'm pretty sure I'd had this crotch sweat issue since probably - hummm.... mile THREE! And now I'm on mile EIGHT and a HALF! So for at least five and a half miles people have been looking at me thinking I peed myself.
So I'm thinking people are thinking one of three things:
1 - OMG she's leaky and peed herself!!
2 - OMG she's so hard core she didn't want to stop her training run to bother to pee!!
3 - oh, her thighs rub together and create massive crotch sweat too. huh, I though I was the only one...
So there you have it folks. This is real reason I prefer to run in skorts. Y'all are now in the know.
Carry on.
4 comments:
*raises hand* i vote for #3!
Awesome!!! I recently moved all my grey shirts/pants to my pj drawer due to a similar experience with a grey t-shirt. Maybe we can start a website dedicated to athletic apparel don'ts to help warn others :)
i had the same thing happen in olive green...and my biggest worry was reason #3...black it is
#3. For sure.
Post a Comment