Monday, September 12, 2011

things I want to un-learn (or at least un-hear)

(Hands held over ears) La la la la

Yesterday after our run the hubby realized he had some, um, chafing issues. More than the expected chaffed "nips" issue (which we addressed a few weeks ago...) According to him - these were a bit more "involved" and "personal".

Of course since I've run a half marathon before he asked me about his "issues". I politely informed him since I don't have the same "equipment" he has surpassed my area of expertise and must consult someone else.

Enter in my FIL. He is, indeed, a life-long runner. Who better to ask than your own dad?!?! He's got the experience (lots more than me!) and more importantly - the right equipment...

So as the hubby and I went to run errands in my car he decided to call his dad RIGHT THEN. Why it couldn't wait, I couldn't say. Did I mention my car has that hands-free, speaker phone thing??? Um, yeah...

So as I'm driving the hubby calls his dad and the conversation is on speaker. Hubby doesn't really point that out to my FIL. I kinda take it as my cue that I'm not part of this conversation.

My hubby then proceeds to tell his father that he's having some chaffing.....

FIL: where? On your breast or your penis??
Hubby: uh, um, down there...

Did I just hear my FIL say "breast" and "penis"???? And I'm NOT supposed to laugh out loud at this??? (Remember - I'm not supposed to be in this conversation...)

So the conversation turns to the finer points of proper running shorts for men. But somewhere along the line I hear:

FIL: but you know, you need to make sure the brief inside hold your balls in, ya know?
Hubby: yea, ok...

OMG! Did I just hear my FIL say "balls"??? That is too funny!! But I CAN'T laugh!! (Btw - remember I'm trying to ALSO drive this whole conversation....)

Needless to say I probably could have gone my whole life not hearing my FIL say breast, penis and balls... but it was pretty funny!!

Note: I almost expect funny shit like this to come from my MIL. But definitely NOT my FIL!!!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

3 comments:

MadHatter said...

does your hubby actually have "breasts" that need worrying about? and this is all good info to know; please thank the hubs for not minding too much your sharing--I'm sure that someone will ask me at some point and now I can be of help.

This Is It.... said...

Tooooo funny...I don't know that I could have kept a straight face and not burst out laughing...hilarious!

WanderingGirl said...

That is AWESOME.