Friday afternoon I brought our new little yorkie home. Remember, I brought him home on a "trial" basis - not sure how he'd do with the cats and the other dogs. Let's just say he and Liam hit if off fabulously! Reecie (yorkie) had Liam actually playing! It was halarious to watch a 4lb yorkie getting a 100lb golden excited! Liam is so laid back - he didn't care that Reecie was jumping all over him,
in has face, humping him... yep - Reecie liked Liam.
in has face, humping him... yep - Reecie liked Liam. He's the cutest little thing!!! But that's the problem - he's so little. We couldn't let him out in the yard alone because there are a million places for him to get out of the fence, under the house, under the shed... we could never get all the places patched up.
Did I mention he's a vermin hunter??? and that he considers cats vermin?? Let's say we had a few interesting moments between him and the cats.... and I've hardly seen the cats all weekend.
One moment involved Reecie finding my old, almost blind cat Cabby. Cabby kept backing up as Reecie sniffed around her trying to decide if she was friend or foe. Finally she'd had enough and took off running. Bad move. He took after her like a rocket (that little shit is FAST!!!) And of course that got Liam and Nikki's attention and they took chase too. I literally had a cat being chased by 3 dogs. Round the kitchen, through the dining room, through the hallway to the family room, through the living room, around the dining room table.... every time I stepped in to pick him up one of the big dogs was in my way. I mean these guys were moving from room to room, kicking up rugs, knocking over dining room chairs... it was a fiasco! Finally I was able to catch the littel squirt. Cabby ran upstairs into David's office and sat where his laptop usually goes. She was there ALL WEEKEND. I don't think she ate, went the bathroom - nothin'. She finally moved when David came home from China and moved her so he could put his laptop back. She is forever pissed at me.
Isn't he adorable!!!!! (and small) He's essentially the size of my tennis shoe with little legs and a head. I'm serious. This guy is small!! Alas, David and I made the hear-wrenching decision to not keep him. H'es cute - but he's really like having a baby. He even has a playpen!!! I was dreading coming into work and telling his mom that we weren't going to be able to keep him. Luckily she had another family already wanting him! Whew!!! I really didn't want to see this little guy homeless. He's a sweet little dog. He'll be great for some little old lady or something.
So at lunch today I went home and told him goodbye. He's going to hs new home this afternoon. As I held him a cat started meowing in the other room. He looked at me as though to say "How can you live in this filthy house??!! It's filled with vermin!! Ugh!"
I knew then we made the right decision.

1 comment:
Those dogs are meant to be carried in a purse, anyway. And I don't think David carries a purse either. Just sayin'.
Post a Comment