Thursday, August 09, 2007

it keeps on comin'

So - I have been chosen for grand jury duty. who hoo! well, not really chosen... it's not like a trial jury where they ask you questions. This is purely on a lottery system. So, I'm in. Luckily it's not everyday, all day - but I have to call in after 5pm each weekday to see if the tentative schedule has changed. So far I'm not scheduled until Monday. all afternoon....

Obviously I can't talk about what we talk about. but I already have some funny stories that I can talk about. Yesterday the jurors (me and the rest of the group) were being sworn in by the judge and his assistant. Ok, he may not be an assistant but I missed his title. Anyhoo - this other guy was the one that read the spiel that we all had to swear to. Funny thing - the guy looked EXACTLY like Cliff from Cheers. I shit you not. And he had a thick NY accent. HA!!! I'm standing there, right hand held up, trying to pay attention to what I'm swearing to and not laugh at loud at the ridiculousness of it all.... ok, I thought it was funny....

And on a serious note - I had to have another CT scan today. I've been having headaches again for the past month... Two weeks ago it was a scan of the brain and today a scan on the sinuses. I know, I know. I've heard it all. "if I had a head like that it'd hurt too!" yeah, yeah. ha, ha. very funny. Hopefully we can finally figure out what is causing these. They are quite irritating....

So that's my life right now in a nutshell. Doctors appt, jury duty and work. whoo hoo!!

No comments: