ME: (on the phone, calling from work) hun, I'm running to the grocery after work while you're at practice. want to add anything to the list?
D: whacha got on the list for dinner this week?
ME: well, I've got that new pasta dish I was telling you about for tonight and other stuff... blah, blah, blah....
D: won't you be at that cycling meeting when I get home from practice tonight?
ME: yeah - I figured I could just make dinner for us when I get home - is that ok??
D: I guess. Or is there anything you'd like me start getting ready for dinner while you're on your way home?
ME: *complete silence* what did you say?
D: well, I figured you aren't going to be getting home until late so I figured I might be able to get something started while you're on your way home.
Ladies... I DID IT!!! Three years of training and I finally got him to VOLUNTARILY ask if there was something he could do to help with dinner!!!
WHOO HOO!!!!!

That's it. I'm going away for the weekend more often.
2 comments:
I'm so proud of you...and of him! Now that you can cross off making dinner, what's next on your "things my hubby knows needs to be done, but waits until I have to ask him to do it" list?
I want to know what he made.... Hey, PB&J would still count in my book, but what did he "whip up"????
Post a Comment