David took the day before Thanksgiving off (because he had to use his vacation.... wish I had that problem...) so I left him a list of things to do to help me get ready for Thanksgiving since we were hosting and I was working Wednesday.
Most of the list consisted of some food prep and little cleaning things the "ladies" don't do. One of the cleaning things was:
- Wipe out the oven and clean the pizza stone - but DON'T run the cleaning cycle because I don't use the oven that much
I came home and David was SO proud of himself for getting most of the things on the list done (and we easily got everything else checked off in a heartbeat) that he was showing me what he got done. He walked over to the oven, open the door and said "yeah, and when I looked in the oven it was mostly just crumbs on the bottom so I just vacuumed it out."
YOU WHAT??!!!!
Yes - ladies and gents. That's how a man's mind works. It was just crummy so he vacuumed it out. It guess it worked and it didn't hurt anything. But it made me laugh. I guess I'm just jealous because I never would of thought of something so easy. And let's face it - the only reason I wanted it wiped out was so when I opened it in front of people they weren't appalled at all the stuff in the bottom. I guess he took care of that....
Ten points for David for getting the job done and ten bonus points for being original (even though he wasn't trying to be.)
7 comments:
I am TOTALLY doing that next time!
Have done that myself--your stove also probably opens at the top--very handy to suck out near the burners. I've also vacuumed enormous hairy spiders from time to time..
Husband here, I can offer classes on the finer points of oven vacuuming. There really is some skill and training involved...
Husband should just hire out his services... "Husband For Hire. Works off the Honey-Do List:Builds Doors, Cleans Ovens, and Searches for Bad Scents."
I never would have thought vacuum. I probably would have torn it apart to see how it worked before I tried to put it back together while cleaning each stupid little piece.
Zoo Keeper and I have been working out the details of an official husband swap. There are "husbands for hire" in some cities as well.... They probably don't do much at there own homes though...
Danny used one of his dirty (and I mean dries-hard-and-crunchy dirty) to wipe Ty's nose the other day. "It's just snot." was his rationale, like the nose would get the socks dirty. Hey, at least Ty didn't have a dirty nose! Nothin's more white trash than a snotty nose....well, maybe a kid in nothing but a diaper running around the front yard with a snotty nose while Mama sweeps the said front yard with the trailer's underpinning falling off of the backside behind them.
ofcourse there is the dreaded athlete's nose....
Post a Comment