Tuesday, November 20, 2007

not something you hear everyday...

WARNING! This post contains a story that involves the mention of poop. If you have a queasy stomach I recommend you pass on this one.

I walked in from work last night with David standing in the far corner of the dining room/ rowing room, slowly, suspiciously eyeing all around the room.

D: Hon, come over here. Do you smell something?
me: (hesitantly walking over beside him) ew... yeah. smells like shit.
D: (giving me a knowing look) Yeah. Good, so I'm not going crazy.
me: (giving him a "what???" look)
D: so you smell it to. (giving a nod to the room) now try and find it.

Ok, that's odd. Trying to find poop isn't usually part of the problem.

Of course with our menagerie I figured a dog or cat wasn't able to hold it - and just recently, by the smell of it. So I do the obvious first - I start looking at all the openly visible places on the floor.

Nothing. Then I start looking under things.

Rowing machine. Nothing.

China cabinet. Nothing. (dining room and living room are all same big room - currently using living room as dining room - don't judge me.)

Table holding stereo. Nothing. (must have music to erg to!!!)

Erg (aka - rowing maching) cover waded up in corner. Nothing.

Behind matress stacked against wall. (don't judge! no place to put it yet since getting Tempurpedic.) Nothing.

David looks on top of stacked matress. Nothing.

David looks on top of china cabinet. Nothing.

So apparently we have mystery poo somewhere in the dining room. Not good.
1) smells like ass
2) hosting Thanksgiving at our house in a few days

David was able to use his nose to pinpoint a spot on the rug that seemed to be the source of the stink. (husbands are good for something!! : ) He promptly got out the steam cleaner and took care of the issue.

However - that still leaves us wondering - what the hell was it???

We figure one of two things - and this is probably the gross part. However if you have dogs or a kid it probably doesn't rank as too terribly gross in the scheme of things... (I hope...)
1) One of the cats probably did a dog-like butt drag in that area and left a "little extra" on the carpet
2) One of the cats didn't make it to the litter box for whatever reason and Liam, the canine garbage disposal, decided he needed a snack. This is the dog that eats his own vomit and eats rabbit poo like PEZ in the backyard.

I guess we'll never know....

Ah, life with "kids"....

...makes me wonder what else he's eaten off the floor at our house over the years....

3 comments:

MadHatter said...

hell, if you can't spare D for the husband swap thing, send Liam--he could probably get those hard to scrub places on both the kids and kitchen floor!

Sweet T said...

I found a suspicious spot behind the rocking chair in Katie's room....Wasn't sure if it was from Ty or the dog. Still not sure.

WanderingGirl said...

During one of my wild-kitten rescue efforts, I ran to the post office to drop off a package. While standing there, I couldn't believe the overwhelming smell of urine. I looked around, trying to figure out where the hell it was coming from. I mean, really, had someone peed in the corner? Was there a homeless guy nearby? It wasn't until I got in the car that I realized that the kittens had whizzed all over my hat at some point. I was wearing cat whiz.