Sorry for the delay folks. I've been on a business trip in Orlando. Now, before you start with the sarcastic comments about me being in Florida let me tell you that I was outside, relaxing, in daylight for a total of 60 minutes. That's right, a whole hour. And in all honesty it was dusk.
The rest of the time I was working.... with a full on-set case of viral bronchitis. Except all week I didn't know it was bronchitis... I just knew that I felt like shit, my head felt like it was filled with wet cement, my nose was dripping stuff that wasn't clear (I'll spare you the details) and I was constantly hacking up a lung and phlegm. yum. all the while giving presentations, working our booth and, yes, shaking hands and talking to clients.
I had pockets full of kleenex (there goes your trademark down the drain), hand sanitizer and halls all the while hyped up on sudefed and advil (it's all I had). We were at a resort and they didn't have a great selection of drugs at the little store in the lobby. and me being me, was too cheap to pay for a cab to find the closest drug store and buy "real" drugs. Which turned out to be a good call anyway because I'm on Mucinex DM now and it's not doing me much good anyway - which is what the doctor told me to keep doing 'cuz as we all know - antibiotics don't do anything for viruses.
So, I worked 2 weeks straight (worked through the weekend due to the FL thing) so I'm looking forward to this weekend. I think we're decorating the tree tonight. Hopefully I won't hack all over it. If I do I'll be sure to spray it down with Lysol when we're done. ; )
2 comments:
Was wondering where you were. Hope you are feeling better soon.
I went to my boyfriend's parents' Thanksgiving all hopped up on cold meds for the same shiiiiiit. I swear, I had an out of body experience. And not in a good way.
Post a Comment