Well, I'm home and everything went well. For those of you that I didn't tell, I had surgery on parts that "shall not be named". We'll just leave it at that. I'm on good drugs and trying to mend as fast as possible. Sitting is not comfy so lying is the choice position. Apparently David could only best describe me in the recovery room as "feisty". (he's never been around me when I've had surgery before...) I really wanted to leave - that part I DO remember!!!
David's trying to win the "best home nurse ever" award. He's doing a great job too! He's so cute - always asking if there's anything he can get me, anything I want. I'm getting drinks, food - he's even drawing bathes for me! The medicine makes me dizzy sometimes so he's holding my hand and making sure I'm ok getting off the sofa... you name it, he's on it!
I imagine it's pretty hard to play nurse when you've never been in any type of similar situation to know what is needed/ wanted. And as some of you may know - sometimes it's really hard to tell someone what you want/ need when you feel like shit. Saturday was hard as all day I was nauseated and not feeling so hot. When you're already in that state it's hard to coach someone as to what to do - just the tiniest bit of talking made me want to throw up. But he was good - he was patient and waited on me hand and foot. I didn't get any wet washcloths to forehead or neck - but that's because he didn't know and I was too sick to tell him.
Next time - I'll make a note to tell him for next time.
All the animals know something isn't kosher so they're all over me trying to be helpful in a not-so-helpful way. Generally my days are spent me lying on the sofa with Ries and Jax joining me with Liam and Nikki on the floor beside me. I'd post pictures but that's part of the problem.
The last day I was at work our network went SO screwy that my computer wouldn't even work when I popped it out of my dockking station (ditto with the boss too). Needless to say we aren't too happy with the IT guy. And don't go taking up for the IT guy... trust me. this is not the first time, or the second, or the third.... Right now I'm blogging from the home computer.... and all my pics are on my work computer, etc.... anyway I'm sure you can picture me on the sofa wrapped up in a Clemson fleece blanket looking all pathetic, with a cat curled up behind my knees and one curled up in in front of my chest (or at my feet, depending on his mood).
The local friends have been great! I've gotten spaghetti with homemade meatballs (Thanks SP!!!), drunken chocolate dipped strawberries (injected with liqueur - she said they were ok for me to eat - she should know, she's a physcians asst.) and flowers from the gals at the office - " hope everything came out in the end." - what a bunch of jokesters...
Now as soon as I can start t0 ween myself off some of these drugs I have to do my fiscal 2009 bugdet for work. Can't wait until my boss sees when I try turning that in!! No tellin' what I'm going to try and slip by!! (at least when he says "no" I can always blame it on the drugs!!! : )
I'm still stayin' home tomorrow and Wednesday. Good thing too since we have a good bit of snow outside. I hope I didn't write anything too embarrassing in this entry and I hope it makes sense. I think I almost nodded off to sleep 2 or 3 times while writting this. Oh well. once I'm off the meds I can go back and read this and laugh. I hope....
2 comments:
Glad to know hubby is being a good nurse...now's not the time for the "naughty" one. :)
Also, about the animals...remember when they are hurt they lick that part of themselves...don't let 'em get too close!
You rock for taking such good care of yourself (and props to the hubby for taking care of you too). You're my inspriration to keep an appt I don't want to keep in a few weeks. Hope you are back to normal soon.
Post a Comment