Ah! A sigh of relief.
After running around collecting my counter top quotes I have finally chosen a company. I admit it - I had FUN!! I was such a high playing these guys against each other! Ok - I didn't play the good guys against each other - I just played Chump man against the others. It was so LIBERATING!!!
And you know what was best?? When Chump man called me back, tail between his legs - with very few words this time, might I add - to convey that he couldn't match the price and we should go with the other quote because it was a good one.
Actually I was disappointed in his lack of determination. He fought this hard for the sale this far. I wonder why he quit now? Because he realized he was the one that f**cked it up??
Yes - I'm sure that was it. Not that I'm patting myself on the back for being so smooth - in fact I'm just pointing out that I think he had a come to Jesus moment. I bet for a long time the guy probably thought he was all that and a bag-o-chips salesman and it probably got his nads that a "girl" caught him up at his own game.
Tough shit chump man. I can play that game too, sucka.
For the record, and posterity, from the very first quote I received on CT (Lowe's) to the one I'm going with I saved $481. I saved $365 over chump man. I do't think that's too bad, if I do say so myself...
So I'm now going with another company - I'd tell you who and give them props and a big 'ol advertisement but it wouldn't matter in blogland. If you live close to me ask me and I'll be glad to tell you where to go and where NOT to go.
This new place has been good to deal with so far. They, too come recommended. We'll see how it turns out in the end. So far it's still just a handshake.
So now comes the fun part. D and I begin the installation of our new cabinets - OURSELVES!
Ok, not exactly ALL by ourselves. D's dad is getting harangued into helping. Careful, if you live close to use you might get asked to help too. We need to get it all done by this weekend so the CT guys can come get their measurements so that can get going while we're in Flo-town visiting my dad over the 4th.
We're on a tight timeline, folks. You know what that means!! There should be PLENTY of blogging material!! : ) Wish me luck on the work and I'll try and relay the best stories as best I can! God only knows what's going to happen. Let's just hope it's nothing that would require a trip to the ER or a divorce attorney. *wink*wink*
1 comment:
Didn't I tell you we were moving? :) No help this direction. :) Just kidding. Holler if you need help, even if it's for comic relief.
Post a Comment