And you asked for it Sweet T - here they are, sort of. D and I are are literally in the middle of our kitchen remodel. Who do you know goes on vacation in the middle of a kitchen remodel? We do! We have the cabinets in - well one was the wrong size so that's why there's a huge white spot by the window. And I will be tiling above the whole counter.... I just decided to paint there since it will be a few weeks until we tile the floor and backsplash. (So, in the event you can see where we scratched the walls putting the cabinets - never fear - it'll be tiled over anyways....)
Also, I still have to paint the ceiling. I have to do this anyway do to a contractor disaster a few years ago when we redid the bathroom and paid someone to put in the new tub.... Which they did incorrectly, which lead to a plumbing problem which lead to a leak in my kitchen ceiling... Needless to say - we're doing ALL OF THIS on our own. The only thing we're not doing, because we can't, is the countertops (Corian and Zodiac... yes ladies and gents - I'm doing two different countertops on purpose.) See previous posts as to why I'd do it myself if I could....
So here are before and "in progress" pictures. Let me clarify that we have an eat-in kitchen and I'm standing in the "eat-in" part to take the pictures. There are no cabinets or anything "interesting" back there so I never took any pictures of it. (and instead of a informal dining table that's where we feed our super-huge dogs.)
BEFORE:

Check out the lights...


I really hate the countertops.. very 80's..

And finally - a close-up on the island to show you the bad condition of the cabinets. Plus check out the floor!!!!
IN PROGRESS:

Ok, new cabinet configuration - more use of the space, and new paint color (I admit, I did do the faux painting in the previous pictures. That color didn't turn out right but my family room looks much better in gold - much more Tuscan!!)

Man, I keep a lot-o-junk on my fridge!! I need to clean that up! (gym class schedule, bike training schedule, "family" calendar", receipts for stuff we've been buying for the kitchen in case we need to return something...)
So the counter guy, Rex, Came and measured for countertops yesterday. It'll be 2-3 weeks until they're done. Conveniently D and I are leaving tomorrow to go visit dad for about a week. (Kinda hard to cook when there's no sink. We could lay the old counter and sink in and use it but we're too lazy... plus I don't want that crap back in my house.)
I already have the faucet - it's sitting in it's box on my dining room table. I just order the light fixtures yesterday - they should be here when we get back next week. The cabinet will also be here when we get back too so we can hang it. We pick up the new range hood tonight. Dad's flying up to see us July 29th to help me tile the floor (I've had the tiles in my garage since December) and the backsplash.
The electrician comes today to wire for a "real" garbage disposal and give us timing and an estimate on recessed lighting (canned lights). BTW - the garbage disposal we have now is one of those "safety" ones where you have to have the piece you put into the opening and turn in order to activate it. I hate it. So the new one with be the usual "switch" kind. Problem is - currently have no switch - hence the electrician.
SO - that's the kitchen plan. I know - you just asked for pictures but I haven't really had anyone to tell my GRAND PLAN to. So thanks for reading!!! I'll post COMPLETED pictures when we're done!!
1 comment:
those pictures just evoked "cabinet envy"
Post a Comment