I stopped on the way to work this morning to get gas. I used my debit card and it asked for my zip code. I hesitated but plugged it in. It told me to see the cashier. I went inside and she told me my card was declined.
WHAT? I panicked.
She said it doesn't tell her why just that it was declined. I sheepishly told her that I wasn't sure I put in the right zip code.
Sure, that could make it decline the card but she couldn't say for sure since it doesn't give a reason. She reset it and allowed me to give it another try.
I went back out to the car still in a panic.
What the frig is my zip code???!!!
I tried calling D but he was in the shower and not answering his phone. I started panicking all over again. I started going through things in my car...
What would have MY zip code on it??
Business card? nope
Anything in my planner?? nope
SHIT!!
Anything in my wallet....
I open up my wallet and DUH!
My address is on my drivers license.
Sure enough, I had typed in my zip code wrong. This time I put it in correctly and it worked just fine.
What the hell is wrong with me?? First I can't remember my zip code and then I can't remember where in the hell to find it?!
I should have turned around and gone straight home and just started my day all over...
2 comments:
I hear pregnant people forget lots of things. Just sayin'.
Did you hear that?? that was the loud crash of thunder that followed the lightening strike that just pounded you for saying that... just thinking it, even.
(shakes head in disbelief...)
Post a Comment