The other day I called a colleague and while the phone was ringing I decided to email my husband some info before I forgot. You know me, if I didn't email D right at that moment I'd get finished with my phone conversation and what I needed to tell him would have vanished into thin air never to be thought of again. (No, really, I don't have ADD. I've been tested.)
So while I'm emailing it appears my colleague, Cari, is not in the office and her voicemail message begins. Great! more time for me to finish typing! The next thing I know I hear a beep.
me: Hi hon. It's me.
long pause. wait. momentary lucidity lapse... what am I doing? am I typing to D or am I leaving him a message?? SHIT?! I'm typing him an email! Who the hell's voicemail is this? Shit!! CARI!
me: Oh my God, Cari... sorry. I didn't mean to call you 'hon'. Sorry. (my speed of talking proportionally increasing with my embarrassment) I'm so embarrassed. I'm typing an email to my husband and got confused. Oh, never mind. Sorry. Oh my god. Call me back.
Lucky for me Cari is the sort that would find that funny. Still embarrassing on my part, nonetheless. Next thing you know I'll be ending work phone conversations with "love you". You just watch...
5 comments:
That sounds like the time many years ago when I was receptionist for a manufacturing company called Seneca Foods. I was so used to saying "Thank you for calling Seneca Foods" that when my friend called me at home one night, that was how I answered! The only thing I could hear on the other end was my friend laughing hysterically! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that!
That was much better! Hee hee!
I've answered the phone so wrong too! The hubby got confused one night while talking with another cop and ended the conversation with "Ok, love you". There was so some explainin' to do!
I cannot tell you how many times I have signed off of a call with my co-worker by saying okay, bye, I love you... Yeah, it has happened so many times now that she says - okay, love you too... multi tasking can be a bit embarassing...
Whew! I feel SO much better!
MH - I would pay $$ to hear THAT conversation of M's with the other cop... too funny...
Post a Comment