Sunday, December 07, 2008

baby shower update...

well folks....

I didn't get asked the inappropriate question I was dreading. Although I'm sure one lady was close but I did a quick "duck and dodge" before she could get it out.

But also I admit I didn't mingle extensively prior to the luncheon starting... Aunt Ginny, Lucy, MB and grandma were there, along with cousin Dana. We all sat at the last table on the far side of the room and had our own "party"... That sort of gave me license (ok, not really - but that's my excuse) to plop my ass down and not mingle lots with said friends of the Aunt throwing the shower - lest I get pestered with "the question".

Aunt G and I were discussing good comeback lines you guys all shared - she loved 'em!

Thanks for all the great ideas. I promise they will not go to waste as we all know I'll continue to get the question....

Although Ginny agreed that I should feel free to respond "None of your fuckin' business."

I *heart* her! She's the one that gave her daughters t-shirts that said "boys are dumb throw rocks at them". She's quite the contradiction... happily married to the same man (Uncle Gino.. my F-I-L's brother - big bald Italian guy, works in waste management... ; ) for decades.

On another note David and I met up with a good friend of his from college (K) and his wife (N) on Saturday since they were in the state visiting. David was excited because he hadn't seen them since their wedding almost 10 years before. I, of course, have never met them. A while back David had given them my blog address and I guess N had been reading my blog on occasion. While on one hand I find that very neat - I LOVE reading other people's blogs!! - now that I was meeting them for "real" I was thinking "oh shit - they probably think I'm a flake.. or worse..."

ok - I guess I am a flake... and worse...

but I digress....

I do a bad enough job on a first impression sometimes, I don't need the added pressure of what she's read on my blog!!!! (I mean really - I've nicked my nipple with a razor for god's sake!! and WRITTEN about it!!!!)

But it turned out great! (or at least I thought so... maybe she's just a really good actress... ; ) And the weird thing is I can see why D and K were such good friends in college... I noticed the two of them were even wearing the same thing!!! (plaid-ish button up shirt under a zip neck pullover sweater.... ) they were just wearing different color schemes.... must be a NY enigneering uniform... me being from SC, I wouldn't know....

So I had quite an eventful weekend to gear up for a busy week. You may not hear from me for a while. I'm going to be bogged down in work this week and then I leave for my trade show on Thursday to launch my website I've been working on for the past 7 or 8 months (or so....). and then I'm going to DISNEYLAND!!!

really... I'm not joking.
I'm going to Disneyland.

So you really might not hear from me until after the holidays. Maybe before - but probably not until after. So just in case:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

3 comments:

emily said...

Happy Holiday's Julie! Good luck with the website and congrats on finishing it!

Have fun at Disneyland . . . the place of 1 million wishes! I'll be very jealous while you are there (but after reading your blog you totally deserve it!)

The Coach's Wife said...

we had a wonderful afternoon...no lie! some of my favorite people are flakes, so that's not necessarily a bad thing.

i guess i should take a stroll through your archives now. my visits have been very few and far between, so i missed the nicked-nipple story, but now that you've mentioned it, sounds like some good reading!

have a blast at disney!

Sara said...

Happy Holidays! Congrats on all that your working on- enjoy the AARC (he he he) have a bloody mary at least!