I'm bored* at work so I decided to google myself. I haven't done that in eons.
*bored - not as in "not enough to do"... I have PLENTY to do. Please do not be confused. I have SO MUCH to do, in fact I'm a bit overwhelmed. I'm talking "bored" as in the "overwhelmed" kind of bored. If you don't know what I mean don't ask. You'll never understand.
So I type in my first name and maiden name. I keep forgetting there's some chick that does fairy art by the same name...
So then I type in my first name and married name. I get a hit off an interview for a trade mag I did a while back for work. Not interesting.
Then I type in my first name, maiden name and married name. If you know me you'll know this is how I sign up for just about everything.
BINGO!
Facebook, LinkedIn, press releases I've written...
but what got my attention is that it brought up a link to an entry of Wandering Girl's BLOG!!!
WHA???
How creepy is that? In the body of her text WG wrote out my name with "aka Apple Crisp Girl" (cuz that's her family's nickname for me - long story). Probably so if her mom was reading she'd know who WG was talking about. (she probably might not recognize me by my "real" name).
And the entry showed up in GOOGLE!!!
Weird....
And the entry was from 2006!!!
Does anyone else find that creepy?? odd?? peculiar??
4 comments:
I think I am now inspired to 'google' myself. I will keep you posted :)
I'll erase your last name if you'd like. I asked CEO to do the same for me so I would be less Google-able.
i say cool. scary would be hidden camera photos of you posted on the web . . .
Turns out I am a realtor and an artist and there are about 20 of me on FB.
Post a Comment