David and I decided to take the dogs to a State Forest for a light hike. It was a place we'd never been before but we have directions!! Interestingly, the Garmin didn't recognize the address... that tells you that you are truly out in BFE...
David went to a NY website and there was a link to get a map from mapquest to our destination. He printed them out. He also printed out the blurb about the forest itself - just for some fun info.
We drove and drove, turned around a few times, and finally consulted my NY state map book. Needless to say the mapquest directions were WRONG! Luckily the blurb about the forest included general directions at the end. We had to backtrack and follow those directions to get us where we needed to be.
However, the detour did provide us with a great drive through the country. We passed many fields of cows - or Moos - in our house. David and I were commenting on the cows when we came across yet another field of cows the follow exchange occurred:
me: Look, they're Amish!
D: how do you know??
me: because there's a plow hooked to two horses ( I said in a confused voice...)
D: OH! I thought you meant the cows were Amish!



4 comments:
wow! i had no idea upstate new york could be so pretty!! i thought it snowed there year round . . . =P
I was pretty impressed that you were able to spot Amish cows too.
Amish cows... freakin' A!!!
Nikki Joan looks so beautiful!
Post a Comment