We had two graduation parties this weekend. They're not even "our" kids and I still can't believe how fast time flies.
Of course I'm talking about rowers...
I was talking to the older brother of one of the graduates (and one of D's former rowers) and was asking him about school, etc. I can't remember exactly how I phrased my question but he looked at me funny (which he usually always did anyway so it wasn't out of the ordinary) and said "Julie, you DO realize I just finished my sophomore year, not my freshman...."
What!!! Where did that year go??
Oh well. I guess I'm really starting to get old. I can't keep YEARS straight!!
I finally convinced D to start an annual alum cookout at our house for the alumni boys he's coached. So the planning begins for a fun day sometime in the end of July before they all go back to school. What does that mean?? That means Zookeeper (mwa) will start the planning, sending invites, etc... But I think I'll definitely put on the invites "RSVP - for all you guys that means CALL US either way - if you're coming or not!!" These still are college boys (ok, some still have a HS mentality) and need a primer in proper etiquette. Not sayin' their parents didn't raise them right - this a GREAT bunch of boys!! But sometimes the parents don't know or it just never sank in. They are boys after all!!
Any suggestions on what to do to keep guys between 18 - 22 entertained?? We will have the pool open...
6 comments:
oh.... to be 18-22 again... and to have the prime real estate of FM boys >Grin<
I'm sick and twisted, I know.
Anyway's, I am so psyched for you guys. You have really made Syracuse your home!
18-22.....probably too old for pinatas and you guys are too old to let the booze flow freely, so I got nothin' to offer. I bet they might get a kick out of those giant inflatable things anyway
my brother charlie said any good party he went to between 18 - 22 had alcohol. probably not the answer you were looking for. if i remember my college days, free food was always a plus, and you've got a pool. i think you are set.
Sara - you think I'm volunteering to put this together just because I'm nice?? c'mon!!! Hey - you gonna be in town July 25th? Wanna come over and keep me company?!?!?!?
Em/ MH - are you kidding! There will be alcohol - FOR ME!!!
Yeah - it crossed my mind (for those that were legal) but then the smarter side of my brain prevailed...
We do have super soakers. Boys (of any age) seem to get a big kick out of those... I mean, they won't make the party - but it's something to do....
the fisher price basketball hoop on the pool deck is a huge hit with "boys" of all ages here. beyond that, all i can say is: food, food, and more food!
coach's "kids" are about to enter high school...so college isn't far off! from pee wee football to college programs - how fun!
enjoy your reunion!
corn hole is a hit around here...basically bean bag toss from kindergarten...the boys love it and get competitive!
Post a Comment