Thursday, July 02, 2009

250th Post

So, some of my friends decided when they hit landmark posts to write X number of things about themselves. I thought it was quite fun to read through!!

But I'm pretty sure I can't come up with 250 things about myself - let alone fun enough stuff to keep you entertained. So here are just 25 things. I'm not going to guarantee they're interesting or funny... maybe something will be new to you.

25. I'm quite proud of my fingernails now that I'm adult. They don't grow long but they grow - which is not what they did when I was a kid.
24. I check my wedding set at least 3 times a day because I'm scared shitless I'm going to "break" my ring and lose a diamond. I'm still truly uncomfortable wearing something this expensive on my person...
23. I've noticed that my body shape is changing quite dramatically since I've turned 32/ 33. Not in ways I was hoping...
22. I wish I'd had more "fun" when I was in high school/ college... but then again if I did then I wouldn't be making up for it now! : )
21. I also wish I'd taken college more seriously. I think I got it backwards - all serious and studious in high school and then got lazy in college.
20. I'm easily bored.
19. I still hate getting my picture taken - although I've gotten better at not making it so apparent to people. (out of courtesy)
18. I can eat my avocado salsa for every meal of the day. As a matter of fact, I did just that yesterday!
17. I miss playing racquetball - but there's really no good place to play here. (yes, we have a Y but it's expensive as hell...)
16. I go through stages of being extremely frugal and then spending. I don't spend a lot - it just seems like it because 1) I rarely do buy stuff and 2) I buy it all at once or 3) I buy big ticket items - like a piano... ; )
15. I haven't gone backpacking since 2002, camping since 2007. : (
14. I'm starting to actually enjoy running -a first in the 20 years I've been running.
13. My favorite thing to do it curl up on the sofa with a cat. (and a book - but the cat never lets me read it...)
12. I've been in 4 weddings, not counting my own. And I've been a witness on the marriage license at two of those.
11. I can't stand things between my toes... but I'm getting better. I finally started to wear thongs (flip flops!!) a few years ago.
10. I buy my underwear in packs of three. Isn't that sad? I never bought packs of underwear when I was in college...
9. I can spend hours reorganizing my planner - but I lack the interest to organize my house.
8. I dread the thought of having braces again - regardless if they're the Invisalign or not. It would make it the 3rd time!
7. The big scar on my left shin was from making an ass of myself in front of a boy I liked - but it got me noticed! ; )
6. The little, yet deep scar on my right ankle was from making an ass of myself in front of a different boy... (that one should'a had stitches, but didn't...)
5. I can't bring myself to take out my navel ring for good... I don't know why.
4. I want another tattoo.
3. I'm one of those crazy drivers singing to the top of her lungs in her car - I don't care who sees me.
2. I had a much better vocabulary when I was in 8th grade.
1. I used to think that I wanted to be a person who lived for their job. Then I realized that it all sucks no matter what and decided I'm trying to live for when I'm NOT at work.

4 comments:

The Coach's Wife said...

congrats on #250!!! i've never paid attention to how many posts i have, but since i now see that #300 is on the horizon maybe i'll have to think of something.

these are fun! i couldn't agree more with #22 and #21. moving to FL cured me of #11, seems all i ever wear these days are flip flops!

MadHatter said...

Please only call them flip-flops and thank you for buying "underwear" in packs of 3s. I really don't care how you buy it, I'm just glad you didn't call them "panties".

You are a work of art, my dear. Thank you for being my friend.

emily said...

undies in packs of three and afraid of breaking a diamond . . . who knew. i'm totally stealing this post idea. i loved reading it.

Christy said...

OMG, I have not laughed so hard in a long time. And all 25 reasons are why I love you! AND I am so going to help with number 14! Here we come AZ...