This past weekend I was fortunate enough to be able to see my jr. high BFF and her family. They were in Canada for vacation so I took Friday off, drove over and spent the afternoon and night with them. While there we were discussing the upcoming cookout and I mentioned "bean bag toss".
"Oh, you mean cornhole?"
Wha?? you too??
Yep - apparently everyone EXCEPT the Northeast refers to this bean bag toss game as "cornhole".
When telling my dad this story he said he first read about the game a few years ago where the game originated in... well, he couldn't remember but threw out the possibilities of AR, WI, IA, MN... take your pick. They called it cornhole too.
Sorry David, JJ and Farmer M. It would appear you are in the minority.
So Saturday morning I left Canada early to get home to meet up with David's BFF from college, his wife and their nieces and nephew. They were on a road trip from FL up to and through NY. We met them for a good 'ol lunch at the famous Dinosaur BBQ. (or as my dad likes to call it Jurassic Park...)
I would like to apologize to Coach, Mrs. Coach and their car full-o-kids. David invited them back to the house after lunch and Stanley Steemer was waiting for us - early - in our driveway. We got everyone out and hustled Mrs. C and the kids to the backyard and Coach helped D move the remaining furniture out of the way. What a way to say "Welcome to our home. Here, help me move furniture!"
Needless to say - everyone took a bathroom break (cuz you don't want to use the b-room at Dinosaur) and then they were back on the road. Hopefully next time they can actually come IN the house and stay a while.
After that whirlwind Friday and Saturday D was on a plane Sunday morning to the mothership. I have been tending to health related issues with dogs all week. I won't even tell you what we've spent on the animals this month. Let's just say it's up to 4 digits.... I swear kids are probably cheaper... (ok, maybe not in the long run) I will say if you have animals (although I'm sure this probably works for kids stuff too) GET OXY CLEAN!! I mixed up a batch of that to clean up some Nikki pee pee and kitty puke and you can't even tell it was there!! And there's no fake perfumy smells like with other carpet cleaner stuff. It's AWESOME!!!
RIP Billy Mays.
Oh, and if you're keeping an eye on my FB status I will say that I FINALLY had that bloody mary last night!!!
3 comments:
Why no Bloody Mary's til now? MMM, love those.
I promise, Coach didn't mind helping with the furniture! The kids loved playing with Nikki and Liam. Thanks so much for meeting up with us and inviting us back for a bit...and for allowing us all to use your facilities. ;^) Definitely hope we can stay longer next time!
i think it's a tie right now with dogs and kids. on the bright side, with dogs, you can throw them outside for a little while without the fear of protective services arresting you.
Post a Comment