Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm home!

Sorry to be so delinquent in posting but dad doesn't have internet or internet access of any kind.  But that's ok because I had the worst head cold (or allergies - still TBD) while I was with him. 

For those of you who caringly asked - Dad is doing great.  He had a protruding disc that needed fixin'.  Originally they were going to just "trim it" but the night before the doc called and said he'd changed his mind - he was going to remove it.  Dad has this same surgery about 7-8 years ago and was in the hospital a week.  This time the doctor was able to do it less invasively and he only had to spend the night.    Can I just say Dad on Percoset is a hoot!

As expected Dad was flirting with all the nurses even in pre-op.  (He'd say he was just being nice but I call it flirting...)  He even had the Chaplin crackin up.  He was still crackin 'em up after surgery in his room when he was all high on Percoset (and lord knows what else they gave him.)  Funny guy, as usual!

I stayed all week and didn't end up leaving until Saturday.  I made an overnight pit stop in VA and then got home around 9pm Sunday night.  Needless to say I was pooped yesterday and not in the mood to start blogging. 

But there's more to this story (there always is...) and I'll fill in some details more later today or tomorrow.

2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

Good thing we didn't go to The Dump!

MadHatter said...

um...I know people live without cable and tv, but no internet???