Monday, June 14, 2010

A quick recap of 1100 miles

This was the the "college reunion" weekend.

Thursday afternoon the hubby and I set out to MD.  We visited Slice - my good friend from college rowing - that I hadn't actually seen in about 11 years.  Had a great time - good conversation and great burgers.  Wish I'd had longer to chat.

Friday we got up and headed to VA for Wandering Girl's wedding on Saturday.  I will post more on this later.  But in a nutshell, it was a beautiful outdoor wedding, even though they had to improvise due to torrential storms. 

We finished up the marathon car trip with the Sunday drive home.  I actually got to stop at an IKEA.  My first time IN a store.  It was great!!!.... until the few bigger things we wanted were ALL out of stock.  WTF?!?!?

We finally pulled in the drive around 8pm - after we made a detour to Pap John's.

I had a flight out today at 11:30AM.  Prior to that the window guys came to install our new windows.  Except:
  • the slider was not yet in and they apparently "forgot" to tell us
  • EVERY window had been mis-measured
Seriously.  One of the guys installing did the measuring.  He measured each one .5 to .75 inches too big.  So, to install they had to completely take out and revamp each window opening.  Needless to say they didn't get it all done today.  They'll be back on Thursday.  And...  all the new trim work we did over winter break?  We have to redo it all.  (at their expense, though)

Oh, and it's 9:05PM and I'm still sitting in my home airport.  The 11:30AM flight was cancelled.  I was re-booked for a 7PM flight.  The hubby brought me back to the airport.  But as I'm sitting here the 6:35PM flight that was leaving before mine was exceptionally late.  Then after they are boarded and out of the way I finally find out that my plane that will take me to my destination won't even land until 9:45PM.  So I've been sitting here in the airport this whole time.  See, I told you business travel is not sexy.

I'm soooo ready to be done with this summer travel....

You know it's bad when your hubby suggests a "real" vacation next summer and your first thought is "are you kidding??  I don't have it in me to plan that big of an event."  I told him if he wants a "real" vacation that's great - but he's planning every piece of it.  I'm just going to show up.

No comments: