The hubby is out of town, coaching at "State" (NY state regatta). So I'm home alone. Showers forecasted for the weekend.
Great. My favorite. I figured I'd be in a seriously bummed mood since the funk I've been in for the past, oh, EIGHT months has been seriously affected by the weather. But strangely enough the weather has contributed to my good mood!!
First of all, last night I ran to Wegman's and bought me a microwave steamable dinner and an orange, pomegranate martini mix. (don't you judge me!!) and proceeded to have a just fine TV night all by myself. Then this morning I was up and at 'em and at Target purchasing necessities by 9am. The day was overcast and threatening to rain at any moment. But it's in the 60's!!! So I grabbed a bunch of gardening stuff and headed to the front yard and started weeding, pruning.... you name it. If it started to sprinkle I just headed inside. Big deal. I don't melt! My goal was to get the front yard ready for mulch by the end of the weekend. I had half of my goal done by noon today!!
Whoo hoo!!!
I finished the rest after lunch. I practiced a little piano while a little rain moved through and headed out to finish. As usual, I can only imagine what my neighbors think of me. It did not escape my notice that I was the only person on the street out working in their yard today. And if anyone caught me working in said yard they certainly got an eyeful. No - no flashing this time around. I was in capris and a long sleeve T, not a faulty bikini top. Have you ever seen those wood cut outs that are supposed to look like the fat hind-end of a granny in a moo moo bent over tending her garden? Yeah, that was me.
But I was also pruning a sand cherry (ornamental tree) right out front and would pull a branch down to trim it and on more than one occasion would accidentally let it go and it would slap me in the face or head, sending water and little white flower blossoms spraying everywhere. Really what are you going to do? Laugh. That's what I did. 'Cuz I'm sure it was good entertainment for anyone watching. Especially since I did it more than once.... (followed by me having a complete conversation with myself to remind self to not do that again... even though I did.)
Once all that yard work was done I figured I deserved a Corona while I waxed and did the hair color. But I have a bit-o-waxin' wisdom to share.
All these years I've told you that I do my own waxing. I do. I didn't lie. I prefer the microwave wax that requires no strips. You apply it, it hardens on it's own but stays flexible enough that you
CRAP!! I don't want this kind!! But I'd figure since I had might as well give it a try.
I LOVE IT!! It works soooo much better than the other kind!!!! It gets everything on the first pass!! Who knew??
WARNING - you must be an experienced waxer. The wax is thin and will get everywhere! I have been doing this for years and managed to still get wax all over my hands. and myself... Oh well. I'll take it for the better results.
BTW - in case you were wondering, I waxed first then applied my hair color and then kicked back with a Corona.... didn't want anyone thinking the Corona impaired my waxing acumen. But note to self - never try to wax and color at the same time. That could produce disastrous results....
Now to paint toe nails. Probably with another Corona. Or since I've deemed it a girlie "ZooKeeper" weekend, perhaps an orange pomegranate martini. Was going to go with a dark red but on second thought, with alcohol involved perhaps I'll choose a lighter color. Easier to hide when you color outside the lines... Just sayin'
Now what to do tomorrow with definite rain and thunderstorms??
MOVIE DAY!!!! yeah!!!
Any suggestions??
No comments:
Post a Comment