Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween

Yet another Halloween... I'm going to start setting rules for the trick or treaters if they want good candy from me. I go all out - I only buy the "good" stuff - all name brand, mostly chocolate.. We had snickers, hershey mini's, york peppermint patties, reeces cups, chewy sweet tarts, starburst, airheads and smarties. If you ask me that's a good spread. I also give out, on average, 4-5 things per kids and at least 1 (usually 2) of those are chocolate. But next year I'm not so sure I'm going all out again.

The first girl that came to the door with her littel sister was about 10 or 11. I opened the door and she said the obligatory "treat or treat". But how she said it was a different matter... god, she was about as thrilled as if she were getting a tooth filling! I said "geez - you sound enthusiastic". Her reply (remember, from a 10 year old) "oh. It's dark, you know, and I'm tired." IT WAS 6:30PM!!!! I shoudln't have given her anything. but I did anyway....

Later we had a brother and sister show up. The brother was about 8 or so and he apparently was a pit crew memeber for Dale Jr. Jokingly I said "If you'r a junior fan I can't give you candy!" He just looked at me - completely uncomprehending. So I tried again. "You're a number 8 fan??" He looked at me and said "I don't know what that means." I almost died laughing! His sister (probably about 10) pointed to his hat and said "Dale Jr. is number 8" All I got from the little boy was an "oh" (unenthusiastically). I gave him candy anyway. He seemed to have plenty of other problems. (*like a lack of personality...)

But the cutest was the little 1.5 year old dog.

No comments: