Thursday, November 30, 2006

Finger update

I woke up in the middle of the night with my finger POUNDING! I think I fell asleep on my arm, which in turn pulsed all the blood thru to my very injured ring finger. When I woke up I was worried I was getting a massive infection due to previously mentioned damned wood splinters. Thinking I was dying I was not able to fall back alseep and kept tossing and turning to make sure the hubby knew I was not sleeping well. (If I can't sleep why should he?)

When I got to work I shared my horrid story with Cathy and Sara (they had not heard it yesterday). I told Cathy I was worried it was getting infected and how in the hell am I supposed to get an anitbacterial down into the bed of my fingernail? Cathy's a mom - of only a 9 year-old - but that's enough experience for me. She immediately advised I soak it in hot water to "draw out" any infection that might be in there. She's a mom so I did what she said - plus I didn't have any better ideas. So help me god if it gets worse and my finger falls off or something...

No comments: