Friday, December 08, 2006

F-ing phone

Can you tell how I feel about my cell phone at the moment?? yeah, not a happy camper. Ok, so finally determined the issue with people not hearing me on my headset is, in fact, NOT a headset issue, but a phone issue. I headed over to Verizon at lunch to take it up with the manager. Of course, I was ready to start throwing punches if it came to that - but I always start out nice and understanding. If, then they dont' want to cooperate and provide good customer service - that's when I start hardballing.

But first, let me recap recent phone issues:
- went to store Oct 22 to upgrade to new phone (new every 2) so I could get a phone with bluetooth. got the razr and a motorola bluetooth
- 3 hours later I was back at store wanting to exchange phones. In previous 3 hours, while playing around with razr I determined I hated it. (dont' ask) Got the LG 8300
- next day, while on a business trip I determine I really hate the motorola headset (due to my "freakishly small" ears) and buy a new plantronics set at airport wireless in Philly airport. LOVE IT!!
- return home a few days later and return motorola headset to verizon
- start noticing issues with new headset. every so often I hear you but you can't hear me. very frustrating!
- think it's the headset, call plantronics and they send me a new one.
- I try it. supposed to send them old one back. but notice I'm having same issues with new one. In the meantime take phone to Verizon and have tech make sure it's not the phone. He says it's not. Ok, dumb me- I believe him.
- after many phone calls to many people, determine I should return newest set to Plantronics and send original plantronics back to store in philly. Go buy Samsung headset
- excited because I think it's working - then start having same f-ing problems.

OK - I get it. It's the phone.

Dan (manager at Verizon) was very nice and understanding. I think the worst I came across was frustrated, not pissed. (even though I was very pissed. but at the phone - not Dan's fault.) So I ran him through the whole "I've been through 4 headsets from 3 different brands, your techs looked at it and said it wasn't the phone but I finally has come to the conclusion I disagree with them. Can you help me?" routine. Sure, Dan says. Switches out my phone for a new one of the same model. He insists that if the issue continues to persist with this model then he'll work with me to get a different model phone. Fine. I'm ok with that.

So, now I'm bacak in the office. New phone synched with headset. If, in fact, it turned out to be a phone problem I'm taking this Samsung headset back and getting the Plantronics one I had (which will be the THIRD one of the same freakin' model) because I really liked it most.

I have a belt clip. I don't like those wrap around your phone faux-leather cases. Problem is - with a new phone it's damn near impossible to get the phone out. Well, I have the same belt clip with new phone. I'm sitting here trying to get the phone out of the belt clip. Next thing I know, I've tried TOO hard and I have now broken off that little, most important piece of plastic clip that keeps the phone in the case. FUCK!!!!

That's it. I'm sick of cell phones. I truely give up.

ok, well, not really, since it's the ony phone I have. (as ya'll know, I don't have a phone at home - only the cell) I mean, this is really ridiculous!

If you call and I don't answer it's because:
1) my headset isn't working (again)
2) I'm too pissed at the phone to answer it
3) I've lost the phone because it's no longer in my belt clip

No comments: