Did I mention the hubby is going to China? He leaves this weekend and will be going to Shanghi for 2 weeks. This is his first official trip out of the country. (Ok, he's been to Canada a million times - but who really counts that as leaving the US??) He's going to train their new Shanghi office people on how to use the engineering portion of their design software.
Passport - check
Chinese visa - check
Shanghi travel guide (x-mas present from wifey) - check
Quick Chinese language guide (another gift from wifey) - check (I know - Mandarin or Cantonese - but they only had "Chinese")
Up until now he's been focusing on getting his training ready. Apparently he's now going through and giving a few spare minutes in his day to reviewing the language. I have now been IM'd a few times with these weird, phonetic spellings of chinese words. or so he says....
Nĭ hăo ma? "How are you?"
Năr yŏu cèsuŏ? "Where's the bathroom?" David thinks this will be his most used phrase the 2 weeks he's there... that and...
Wŏ bù dŏng Zhngwén. "I don't speak Chinese..."
You know how much Chinese I spoke when I went to Hong Kong? None.
This is why the French hate Americans....
1 comment:
It's also why Americans hate anyone who doesn't speak English while they're here.
If ever in Mexico... "donde es la bano?" = Where is the bathroom?
and "dos cervesas" means "keep 'em coming."
Post a Comment