Tomorrow I will experience how the "other half" live. The "other half" being respiratory therapists. I'm going to shadow a therapist tomorrow during the day shift and then again on Thursday during the night shift.
Day shift shouldn't be too bad - 7am to 3pm. I can handle that. It's the night shift I'm worried about... that will be from 11pm Thursday nite to 7am Friday morning. If you really know me then you completely understand how this is going to affect me. Not well.
Remember, I'm the girl that starts getting ready for bed at 9... ok, I admit sometimes even earlier. I'm the one when friends would call on a Tuesday at 10pm when we were at Clemson and say "Hey - c'mon! We're going downtown!!" My reply - "piss on you, I'm already in bed..." click....
Yes, my dad has actually called me at 9 on a friday nite and asked what I was doing. I was sitting in bed knitting. I shit you not. What's worse - that was about 5 years ago.....
I'll let you know how the shadowing goes. Better yet, I'll let you know if I make it through the night shift.....
1 comment:
Oooohhhh, the witching hour (aka, when people die) is around 3am, but sometimes stretches from 2-5. Hope you don't have to see that!
Post a Comment