Today I decided to go home for lunch, which I do most of the time. It sucks up gas, I know, but at 7:30am I never know what I'm going to be in the mood for at lunch. So I just go home, rummage through cabinets and find something.
Today it was Subway. David called and said if he eats one more PB&J he's going to turn into a peanut. Not that we don't have food - he's just not his most creative at lunch time. Me? I can find darned near anything to eat for lunch. Soup? great! Bowl of cereal? even better!! Croutons? My fav!!!!
Since I had to stand in line FOREVER at Subway I didn't have much time to eat once I got home. After I scarfed down my food I ran out to grab the mail. As soon as I saw it I was terrified. I recieved a JURY SUMMONS!!! AAAHHHHHH!!!!
I was summoned for Grand Jury duty - for FIVE weeks. I paniced all the way back to work - in the five weeks I have 3 biz trips planned. Not easily moved.... Don't get me wrong - I'd love to do my civic duty and all, but these are three big meetings that I need to be at and I can't reschedule. (if only I were that important...)
However, once I got into the office I read the details and saw that I could defer only once. So I did. Now I might be bitching about being called for jury duty again - but in August....
No comments:
Post a Comment