Monday, April 23, 2007

On the orad again...

Didn't I already have a blog entry titled this?? Anyway - I have been in Nashville at the Opryland Hotel for a trade show. Lots of eating and drinking and a few scary men. This particular trade show is what we like to call our "blue collar" show of the year. Let's just say the demographic is a bit "different" than the others we attend.

It seems that I can't get past this show without some guy in a t-shirt and shorts (which I'm sure is "dressed up" for him. I'm thinking his usual outfit is a wifebeater and boxers...) coming over to the booth and saying something, well, questionable. Apparently I was told this time that had I been a repsiratory therapist "you and I would have hours of things to talk about." *wink, wink* followed by nasty laugh....
Ew...

For once since starting this job, I'm thinking "thank god I'm not a therpaist!!!"

I spent all day Saturday trying to get home from Nashville... I was supposed to be home at 11:20am. I wanted to spend time with my honey so I caught a 6Am flight. Needless to say I didn't get home until almost 7pm. Apparently a captain got sick and couldn't fly from DC to Syracuse... and I had to get rerouted to 15 different places to get home. I'm just glad I got home that day. Flying as much as I do is starting to have it's privledges!!! I feel sorry for the poor souls that didn't get there until Sunday....

Tonight I'm off to Vegas, baby! No, not vacation. If you really knew me you'd know there is no way in HELL I'd plan a vacation to Vegas.... I'm going for work - as usual... But at least there's good food and drink to be found! And the best news for this trip??!!! My boss said we could wear golf shirts! YEAH!!! He's a stickler for suits at shows..... Finally - we get to relax a little!!

If you haven't read previous posts about my exploits to Vegas then I'll update you now. Don't expect me to post on how I went gambling when I get back. I work hard for my money and prefer to drink it all away than just giving it to some stupid slot machine..... I'm too stupid to play any other games... too much thinking involved...

No comments: