I flew in last Thursday nite for my friend's baby shower... and ended up crashing a retirement party. Dad called and said one of the guys he used to coach with in WV was having a retirement party Thursday nite. So Aunt Linda picked me up from the airport and to the party we went. Good times, good times.
Got to see some of the kids of the teachers at the party that are my age. Man - everyone seems to have kids (plural) and of school age! They don't waste any time in those parts fo the woods... Heard that one of the boys that we all had a HUGE crush on in jr high is a chiropractor - and let's say I was told he's not nearly as svelt as he once was.... (but then again I could probably say that about msot of us....) But it must be pretty bad that that was specifically pointed out to me....
Then Friday was the ever-important ice cream social. There were many men in their late 30's yelling " Mr. D!! My name is on your paddle!!!" Remember - dad's been gone for 17 years... These guys were proud that their name was on his paddle (you know, back when they were allowed to paddle....) And then there were the groups of women, same age as the men, "Mr. D!!! How are you! We all thought you were the cutest teacher we ever had!!" Puke. There are just some things that a daughter doesn't want to hear....
I did see a few people from jr high but not many. But of course - my hair was lookin' especially hot....
Sunday was the baby shower. Good times, good times. TF gots loads of booty (as in gifts... you know, pirate booty.... never mind....) She has one of the new Jeep Comanders, or whatever their huge SUV is these days, and it was packed full-o-gifts. I think that qualifies as a successful shower.
Let's all wish TF good luck pushin' the little one out - preferably as close to August 19th as possible. (for her sake, anyway....) D and I will be camping in their neck of the woods over Labor Day so hopefully we'll get to see the little booger. But if not then I'm sure to make a trip when it's most convenient for them.
1 comment:
You are a GREAT friend to stay involved with all of us the way you do! You go girl, with your hot hair and all..
TB
Post a Comment