I debated telling you this. But since I was dumb enough to share the cat-shat story I figured this isn't even as bad.
By the way - I have since determined it wasn't cat poop - but something out of his anal glands... It makes me feel better - that it wasn't actually s**t. David disagrees. He says it was still something from the back end of the cat and it involed my face.
Anywho - back to this story....
So, I've had an "issue" that required me to see an colorectal specialist. Yeah. Just the doc I want to see. I brought up the "issue" with my regular doc and she's the one that sent me to him.
Dr. Cami: You'll love him. He's great! He's young, you know.
me: Um, I don't want someone I'll "love" looking at my ass. I want an ugly, fat old man. Can you accomodate that?
Dr. Cami: No, no. I mean he's a great doctor. Don't worry about it.
me: so long as he's not a) just out of med school and 2) drop dead gorgeous
Dr. Cami: No, he's not just out of med school... and he's a good looking guy.
me: like I said - send me to some old, fat guy. please?
Dr. Cami: Don't worry - you'll like him.
me: fine. whatever. I see I'm not going to win this battle.
So I went to see Dr. Nesbitt. His name is also a problem as I dated a Nesbitt in high school/ college. I'm praying it's no relation....
So the doctor isn't drop dead gorgeous - but he wasn't bad looking either. But he made up for it by having a nurse that is EXACTLY what you'd expect at a colorectal office. Old, craggy face (probably from a life long addiction with the cancer stick) and stern, serious. Ok, I immediately felt better just having her there. She was no-nonsense, get the job done kind of gal. PERFECT!
It started innocently enough. Just talking - all my clothes on. Fabulous. Then he had to get " a look". Ugh. I'll spare you the details but did you know that colorectal docs have their own special exam tables? Serious nurse was giving me directions on how to properly, um, situate myself for the exam.
After taking a look-see it was done. As I was pulling my pants back up serious nurse cracked a smile and said "wait, tell me - what's that the Japanese symbol for?" For a minute I was totally confused. what was she talking about?? Oh yeah. my tattoo.
me: it's the symbol for strength
serious nurse: I knew I'd seen it before
me: I'm not used to having doctors see that one.
1 comment:
I'm going above and beyond and saying that anything that squirts out of an anal gland is worse than poo. I mean, everybody poops, but not everybody squirts from anal glands. Just sayin'.
Post a Comment