Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New Addition

Nope - I'm not pregnant. Don't go starting rumors....

C, from my office, has a 7 month old yorkie, a husband and a 10 year old son. Let's just say the hubby has not been adjusting well to the dog... Apparently last night he gave C the "either the dog goes or I do" bit...

Have I metioned that David has always said when the "big dogs" are "gone" he'd like to get yorkies?? I always made fun of him for wanting to go from 100 lb dogs to something smaller than our cats. And of course, there's my rule: My dogs MUST be bigger than my cats.

Well, I've met the yorkie and he's so damn cute!!!! C paid mucho $$ for him (he's registered), had him fixed, vaccinated and microchiped. He's been to training classes and is house trained.... Her son adores the dog.... She's understandably a wreck. So I called David in China and pitched him the idea of adding another 4 pounds to our current 205 pounds. This way C and her family will know he's well taken care of - plus they can still visit him, etc... we don't live but 10 - 125 minutes from each other. And really - what's one more small dog in our zoo??!!

So now we wait. I'll come get him Friday and we'll keep for the weekend to make sure there's no serious issues with the other animals. If all works out we'll keep him. barring any catastrophic issues.

Cross your fingers!!!!

5 comments:

Sweet T said...

Danny wants the opposite...to go from a beagle to a bigger dog. I told him not until we have a bigger house and a fenced yard! congrats on the addition! :) By the way, my email messages to you(and Rebecca H.'s) are being returned back to me. Are you too recognizing me as spam?

Sweet T said...

I hate typos..."you two". ugh

WanderingGirl said...

wow. I hope his name is "Chewie".

Zoo Keeper said...

we'll see how the name goes... C is upset that we're going to have to change his name. She understands the reason but said she feels he's getting a "whole new identity" with a new name.... I told her the AKC registered name will stay the same. We'll see how it goes.

WanderingGirl said...

If she gives up the dog, she gives up the name. It is a new identity. It should be a new identity. She could rename her husband and hope he gets a new identity.