Monday, August 20, 2007

My name is Earl, uh, I mean Travis Jones.

Ok I'm a first child. You know - serious, overachiever, etc... and I'm married to a first child. I would venture to say he has more severe "first child" issues than I do. I think one reason is because he has two other siblings to make up the personality "differences".

My brother-in-law, Chris (I'm using his name because some day he'll be famous and I won't have to worry about protecting his identity....) is definitely cut out for acting. Now, I personally, have never been into acting. I feel you really have put yourself out there when you act - become incredibly vulnerable - something I'm not at all willing to do. Chris - he's all about it. I think he might find acting enjoyable for just the opposite reason (which I've read a lot of actors state the reason as to why they are attracted to acting) which is it gives you opportunity to be someone completely different than yourself - a "reason" to act unlike you would normally.

Nope - you'll never find me acting. I'd rather run naked through Times Square in the middle of winter during x-mas shopping season....

Regardless as to why Chris enjoys acting the bottom line is he appears to love being "other people" and has no qualms about doing that in front of others. Case in point:


Here's a regular picture of Chris the weekend of my wedding. Sorry it's not a big picture - it's all I have on my work computer... But I would think he comes across to most of you as a clean cut, good-looking guy.







Recently Chris and some of his friends went to Vegas *baby* and originally he and one friend had decided to actually fly to Vegas as "My Name is Earl"-type characters. Why?? I have no idea. They may have had a reason - knowing Chris, they probably just wanted to have *extra* fun. Well, his friend had to back out of the trip for some reason. Did that stop Chris from dressing up as "Earl"?? or rather, as we later learned, aka "Travis Jones"? Hell no! Not only did he "dress up" but he even grew a moustache for it too!! now, his hair is long but I don't know if he grew it out for this or another part he currently has. His mother and I are still debating as to whether the chest hair is real or not.

Oh - the best part!! what you can't see is that he is also wearing cut-off jean shorts and work boots!! He flew on the plane from NYC to Vegas "in character". I believe he even went to a casino dressed like this when he first arrived.
















See- he's obviously the ham of the family.... and the least inhibited....

1 comment:

MadHatter said...

Cool and a little creepy--how did he get through security?? I'm with you though--buck naked through
NYC