Monday, September 17, 2007

Girls weekend in the Poconos

This past weekend I was lucky enough to spend the weekend with 5 other gals in need of a girls weekend from my adventure group. And these are no ordinary ladies, might I add. Now, I know y'all want all the juicy details.... well, I can't spill EVERYTHING! I mean, I could, but then I'd have to kill you. We made a pact, what can I say??

But here are some things I can tell you.... (the rest of the pics will have to wait because I have to get them from the other girls. Case in point - this pic is kinda yellow b/c I took it with my cell phone in the not-so-well-lit hotel room... no, not that kind of hotel room... well, maybe it was. but I'm not tellin', and you'll never know...)
It was me, Becca (pictured above with her candy-coated nipples), Jenn (in the background), both of which were my roomies, Lena, Tracy and Sara. We biked the rails-to-trails in the Poconos, ate good food, drank good (and bad) wine, ate chocolate, played games, and my favorites - DID SHOTS AND PEDICURES!!! (not at the same time... but almost at the same time... which accounted for the not-so-hot-looking pedicures the next morning...)
Conversation winner of the weekend:
While we're waiting for our shots to arrive at the bar -
ME: Sara, what career/ job have you NOT have???
(BTW, Sara, in her short 28-29 years of life has done everything from police dispatcher, contracter, mary kay lady, land lord (or 'slum lord' as she calls herself), quasi-massage therapist, hardware store book keeper, working with the developmentally disabled... pretty much you name it, she's done it... I'm sure I'm leaving out the most interesting stuff too... I just can't think of it right off the top of my head.)
ME: Have you ever danced on a pole?? (smile on my face. funny, ha, ha)
SARA: for money? (serious as a monk)
ME: uh, really?
I was speechless. BTW - no, she hadn't for money....

5 comments:

MadHatter said...

YOu are so DAMN adventurous--I think I've had a hot time if I can make it to the grocery store and back in less than 40 minutes and save at least 10 bucks with my grocery card!!
BTW--what are the nipples made of??? And in what context was the gesture made??? Lucky!

Zoo Keeper said...

Oh - the nipples are actually mini pretzels with a slightly melted hershey kiss topped with an M&M. Lena made 'em. quite yummy!! but for some reason they reminded me of nipples. (I know, what do my nipples look like???, right???) No one could figure out why I thought they looked like nipples - and just on a whim Becca held them up do demonstrate... maybe taking up for me so I wouldn't feel so stupid for making the observation... I dunno...

Sweet T said...

My last girl's weekend....hummmm...nope, never had one. sad.

Zoo Keeper said...

don't worry - I don't think I've ever really had one before either - until now...

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Glad I could be so entertaining... In my many years of various experiences, I could teach a lesson or two... next girls weekend we'll do pedicures and pole dances!