I want to know what he made.... Hey, PB&J would still count in my book, but what did he "whip up"???? -MadHatter
Ok - truth be told - he ended up not actually making dinner - but the fact that he offered to help - that's all I was looking for. It's a start. He has made "real" dinner for me at least once - maybe twice. (I don't count boiling water for pasta, ordering pizza or suggesting going out as "making dinner")
BTW - D doesn't "whip up". Since's he's new to cooking he's a by-the-cookbook kind of guy. Which is fine with me but always requires a LOT of preplanning. He'll learn laddies, he'll learn...
3 comments:
Not so sure that "whipping up" can be taught...the hubby still uses "The Joy of Cooking" to make french toast.
I do appreciate the effort as well, but it takes him so much longer to do anything in the kitchen.... My hubby is a good cook, but he tries to turn into Alton Brown and what could take 30 minutes takes an hour and half, by which time the kids and I have already been sneaking PB and J for about an hour.... I guess there's just no pleasing me--good for you for being so patient
Does that mean the mere offer of some sexual favor should tide the hubbies over? Funny, it never seems to work that way...
Post a Comment