As soon as we drive into the driveway after our camping trip (around 6pm) I get out of the car and immediately let the dogs out, go inside, feed the dogs, get the mail, start going through the mail, you get the idea. At the same time David starts unpacking the car, carrying the cooler inside, bags inside, camping gear to the basement, you get the idea. We do what we can until we just can't do any more.
The next day I take my car to work and later that night when I get home I go to the basement to start sorting through the camping stuff (what needs washed, what can put away, what is for camping only vs. could be used for backpacking....) while David said he was going to finish cleaning out my car. Now, I wasn't exactly sure what he meant by this as there was no more gear left in my car.
My brain processes "clean out car" = "remove all extraneous 'things' from said vehicle"
David's brain processes "clean out car" - "remove all extraneous 'things' *(*anything not nailed down that did not accompany the car from the factory) from car, vacuum distusting dog hair and dust off seats, throw away all trash in trash bag (and trash not in trash bag), actully move seats and vacuum all 'junk' out from under said seats that has been there for god knows how long, wash dog slobber off outside and inside of windows"
WOW! I said. It's not even his car! He doesn't even have to drive the "car full of filth"! He said he did it because the following weekend (this coming weekend) I was going away for a girls weekend and he knew I'd be driving a bunch of my friends in my car and he wanted it to be clean for me.
Isn't he sweet??
2 comments:
Is he for sale? Or at least for rent?
That is incredibly sweet. Mike washed my car (w/ Ds help) on Monday--he even got the snot and boogers off of the inside of the kids windows. Which, I didn't realize that I was driving booger picking kids around town--I am comforted that they are being wiped on the window and not eaten.
Post a Comment