I just renamed the links to my blog friends over on the right hand side of my blog. Previously I had them listed by the title of their blogs. I thought that was too cumbersome and decided to rename them by their nicknames. Just decided that SaraG was deficient in this area. Hopefully we will remedy this soon.
I have noticed I have been getting a few new friends stopping by from other bloggers and from new friends I have been making here in my town.
Welcome!!!
I thought this might be a fun time to take a little trip down memory lane and let y'all know how I might know your friends in this big web of blogdom. It's kinda neat how I had one friend from college who started blogging a few years ago to keep in touch and then I started and then I had two more friends start and now people I don't know have been popping over and saying 'hi'... pretty cool!!!!
This could possibly have the potential to get legthy - and this is supposed to be just a fun little time killer - so I'll try and give you funny little highlights.... and don't you judge me...
MadHatter:
I met MH in high school but we really didn't hang out until college. I believe we went to a few parties together - the details of which are quite fuzzy.... I can tell you that I hooked her up with her husband, MB. The funny story is - I dated MB in high school... and my dad was his football coach.
While MB and I were dating in high school MB drove me home after a date one night, leaned over to kiss me goodnight and in the midst of the kiss, he apparently forgot to put the car in park, his car rolled forward and hit BOTH OF MY PARENT'S CARS that were parked in the driveway at the same time. Luckily there was no damage.
Fast forward several years to MH and MB wedding... I was a bridesmaid in the wedding. really!! : ) and after the wedding I finally 'fessed up to my parents about MB hitting their cars that fateful night in high school.... we still laugh about it...
and then there was the time in high school when MB and I were on a school trip to Europe.... but that'll have to wait until another blog entry. I could write a novel about that trip in itself.....
SaraG:
I met SG in college. Her husband was one my my BFFs in high school. Her hubby, DG, and I were quite inseparable during high school. In fact, I'm pretty sure there was a time when our families were convinced we'd end up together. However, SG suits him much better and I'm sure provided him much better looking kids than I ever would!! ; )
DG, his dad, me and my dad were big backpacking buddies all through high school. We've hiked several high peaks on the east coast together. It's a good thing that DG is 6'4" because I specifically remember hiking Mt Khatadin in Maine (beginning of the App. trail) at a section called Knife's Edge - yes - it's exactly what it sounds like. Narrow, rocky and a bit scary. You know, straight down on one side, straight down on the other.... DG and I were way ahead of our dads scrambling over the rocky terrain, bouldering up and over, having a blast. DG climbed up and over a big boulder and I was right behind him.
All of a sudden I looked over the edge and realized SHIT! I froze. Right there. couldn't move. couldn't go forward. couldn't go backward. couldn't go up. couldn't go down. DG was ahead of me - "hey, you comin???" Luckily since he was so tall he just reached down, grabbed me and pulled me up. no questions. he knew I froze. he didn't make fun of me or anything. we were 17. most 17 year old guys would never let a 17 year old girl live that down. ever. but not him.
SaraG found herself a good one. And DG wouldn't just pick any 'ol girl. So it stands to reason that if he picked SaraG I knew that she and I would get along just peachy! I flew all the way to SC from CO for their wedding. I mean really - who would miss the wedding party come in to the the Clemson fight song with the Clemson Tiger at the reception???!!!
Wondering Girl:
Can't say enough about Wondering Girl. We met in college. We were RA's together actually. She was always trying to get me to go out and party. For those of you who know her - are you surprised???? One Fall break I went home with her to "the farm" and her mom made her famous apple crisp. I don't know how I had gotten that far through life without ever having apple crisp. But I had. I LOVED it. Loved it so much I had it for dessert after dinner. And then I had seconds. and then I had some before bed. and then I had it for breakfast. and then her mom and had to go to the store and buy more fixin's for it and made more. and I ate more. and more. and more... and her mom and dad commented on more than one occasion how they'd never seen anyone eat so much apple crisp....
So that's why I'm called Apple Crisp Girl on WGs blog....
4 comments:
Love it. Thank you for the kind words. Thank you for sharing.
That was pretty cool. I learned something new--although not about the trip to Europe--I had no idea that you and DG were hikers. You know my dad, the big dork, has nicknames for my bridesmaids--you would be "the one with the tatoo".
DG still has a pair of Timberlands from WF days. They've taken on a sentimental role and he can't seem to throw them out.
well, that was just a quick snapshot of many, many stories... and some of the "clean" ones... and the ones they could tell on me... well, let's just say I'm glad they don't have blogs. (they don't, right??)
Funny how I was "one of they guys" for so long and then morphed into hangin' with their wives as I got older.
BTW- my hiking boots in HS were purple Nikes. I did finally part with them - but way long after I should I really should have...
Post a Comment