Wednesday, October 10, 2007

MK Par-tee


I hosted a bash last night! Who knew so many women still had issues trying to put on make-up???

I have truly found "my people".

I am not a freak.
I am not the only girl in the world that can't figure out freakin' mascara.

...that not all eye shadow makes me look like the bride of Frankenstein.

...that wearing make-up does not make me a fluff-ball... just prettier...

And I think I have conquered my bizarre make-up hording fetish.... I actually went upstairs last night, grabbed all the baggies of old make-up (some that were YEARS and YEARS old) and tossed them. In front of EVERYONE!!! I think I'm cured.

That or I realized I needed to make room for new stuff....

I will soon be the new owner of vanilla and bronze eyesicle cream, a lip stick and a gloss. Wheee!!!

So thanks to everyone who came and had fun. Thanks to Sara for being the patient jedi master with all of us.

3 comments:

MadHatter said...

Yeah you!! I don't know why you have the "nature girl" complex--you are one hot chick. The fact that you are ok not wearing all of that stuff prob just makes less physically fit chicks more intimidated. My fav makeup is bare escentuals--its this mineral stuff and of course the sell it on QVC AND it is almost impossible to make yourself look like a freak or hooker--perfect !! I am starting to wonder though--you've painted your fingernails, toenails and now this in a very short period of time..

Sweet T said...

I once let the ladies at the Lancome counter "make me over". I was roped into it and thought...d**mn't it, I deserve some pampering. It was fun and my skin looked great. The makeup was, let's just say, not me. Beauty products are fun and are hard to figure out. I would love for someone to teach me how to do perfect eye makeup.

Anonymous said...

I think I'll do a Girls Night In once a month for all those who want or need help... or just need a night away from hubby, the kids, or the four legged animals running around the house. Mascara wands optional...