Friday, November 02, 2007

AAHHHHHH!!!!

For those of you that don't know, I don't sleep. Rather, I don't sleep well.


So, go on with your jokes about me being a grandma and going to bed at some insanely early hour but there is a method to my madness. Or some hopefulness to my geriatric-ness. I go to bed early in the hopes that all those hours I spend in bed will total up to some semblance of a "normal" amount of sleep. Because let's face it - I do need more sleep than most, I'll give you that.





So in my never-ending pursuit of blissful sleep the hubby and I finally made the plunge and purchased a TEMPURPEDIC bed. Not some knock-off "memory foam" bed. Nope - we sprung (half-assed pun intended) for the real thing. (I know - you can't tell with the bedspread on... trust me. wanna see the bill???)



get it? half-assed pun... no springs in a tempurpedic... HA! I crack myself up!! : )

Ok - so we haven't gotten around to "doing" this room yet. What you can't see in this picture is the antique armoir on the opposite wall. Really. I know - from this angle it looks all college-student-esque. Well, even from the other angle it looks all college-student-esque, but with an antique armoir in it. But now with the new bed D and I are inspired to finish this room. I'm making a cool headboard - Thanksgiving project. (when I'm done I'm sure HGTV will be knocking at my door to offer me my own show.) And "paint picking" is in the works. So, unlike Wondering Girl, I can't get the equivalent of apartment square footage done in a week, but I'll get it done... eventually....

So - back to the bed. I won't tell you how much we paid for it (I'm almost embarrassed to say) but after sleeping on it last night I CAN tell you that it was WORTH EVERY FREAKIN' PENNY!!! (and that would be a lot of them....) If I didn't actually have to get up and go to work to pay for it I would have stayed in bed ALL DAY!!!!! And I mean it.

I don't usually do product endorsements. (because the whole Veet product review was certainly NOT an endorsement) but let me tell you... this is an endorsement. I slept great and my back didn't bother me AT ALL today (yeah - did I mention I have back issues too??) So -if you're in the market for a new bed, might I suggest a Tempurpedic???

Oh, by the way - skip the Sleep Number bed... a guy I work with got one and said it was a terrible!!! he paid a lot of money for " an expensive air matterss"... just so you know....

1 comment:

MadHatter said...

We plan to upgrade to the tempurpedic as well. We got a new mattress when we got back in this house and it has the memory foam top and just that is a huge improvement, we can't wait to get the whole shebang!!
Enjoy!!