Sunday, July 13, 2008

Most Popular Girl in the Neighborhood...

So David and I decided to do some MUCH needed yard work this Saturday. And when I say MUCH I really mean it.... serious pruning, trimming and shaping going on... of the shrubbery, I mean...

So I don my usual warm-weather weekend yard work outfit - bikini and board shorts. I know - I'm in my 30's and probably shouldn't be wearing it. But I don't give a damn. Plus, I've been workin' hard for this bod - I'm gonna get a little sun on it. (Well, once the rays penetrate the SPF 30+ waterproof sunscreen....) It's my yard - if you don't want to see it walk on some other street.

So I'm in the front yard (around 8:30-ish) with the electric hedge trimmer (I'm sure much to the chagrin of my late-sleeping neighbors) trimmin' away while David's mowing the front yard and then he moved to the back yard to work on the pool...

Anyway... I had finished trimming all the bushes and was just finishing cleaning up all the trimmings and putting them into the paper lawn bags. I was in the VERY FRONT of my yard in a landscaped area, all bent over (picture the bent over wooden granny cut-out lawn "ornaments") with my gardening gloves on using my hands to rake a pile of clippings together when all of a sudden I realize I'm looking at my bikini top hanging down around my face.

I'll let you take that in for a minute.

Yes, Julie's in the front yard with her boobies hanging out.

Honest to god - my bikini top broke as I was BENT OVER in the front yard. The little plastic claspy thingy must have broke and it was just hanging around my neck. It took a few seconds for me to process what had happened.

And instead of being embarrassed - I started laughing. As in "this shit only happens to me"... And forget that the top is already broken - I didn't want to get it dirty with my grimy gardening gloves so I'm awkwardly trying to hold the edges with my wrists as I'm walking in the backyard (still laughing) to find David to get some assistance - because at this time I still don't realize that the clasp has actually broken - I just thought it came undone.

As I walk around to show David and explain what happened he looks at me and starts rolling his eyes - as in "only this would happen to my wife..." and then he starts singing this song from Rodney Carrington called "Don't look now momma's got her boobs out"....

I'm still not sure if any neighbors saw what happened... but if they did I'm sure I'm the most popular girl in the neighborhood!

6 comments:

Sweet T said...

nice

The Walker's said...

lol that is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Simply awesome....only you...lol

WanderingGirl said...

Holy shitballs, that's a good one! Here's a good way to look at it, though... Your boobs are big enough to break the clasp! Kudos!!

MadHatter said...

1--only you
2--there's a song about momma's boobies hanging out????

Anonymous said...

Zookeeper's husband here. The song she references is by Rodney Carrington and is called "Don't Look Now". Heard it on Bob & Tom (syndicated morning radio show). To give you a taste, the chorus goes something like this:

Don't look now
Momma's got her boobs out
Showin' everybody in town
Faces turning red
We were wishin' we were dead
There were people standing all around
When momma gets to drinkin'
There ain't much thinkin'
There's nothing anybody can do
You just hope and pray
There never comes a day
When momma's out drinkin' with you