Thursday, April 30, 2009

Gotta love corporate America....

Did you make a New Year's Resolution? Are you sticking to it?

I made one. I'm still trying to stick to it. Which, by the way, I think is quite remarkable since most people have long forgotten theirs...

It's actually worked, that NYR. I have felt more at peace at work. My boss might interpret it as "not caring as much"... wait, no. Not that's not true. My boss doesn't notice "touchy feely" things like "feelings"... so I'm pretty sure he's still clueless. Which is good. Because it's not that I don't care at all. I simply don't let it get to me.

Some have a career. I have a job. It's not worth getting worked up over.

BUT...

it is a lot of fun when something goes down and I get a little animated!!! Like today. Typical corporate America stuff:

- lawyer who usually says we can't say anything tells us to say something that we originally thought was across the line. (which we quoted verbatim from lawyers email...) Hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right?

- owner agrees with lawyer ("he who pays the bills has the last word"... or so we thought...)

- we send out to everybody and CC: a few others in our company as an FYI

- one of the "few others" takes issue with what the lawyer had us put in...

here's where it starts getting interesting...

- when confronted, lawyer says "That's not what I approved."

BULLSHIT!!

And lawyers wonder why they have such a shitty reputation...

Ah... just another day in corporate America... I mean, paradise...

1 comment:

Christy said...

Completely agree!!! Gotta love it!