Monday, July 27, 2009

Beans, anyone??

The cookout went as planned this past Saturday - no rain!! Yeah! Except of course there wasn't quite as many guys as we were anticipating because, well, they're boys. I put on the invite - RSVP regrets only. Don't do that with guys. Apparently they don't get it. But alas - we had a good time anyway. Even though we couldn't get in the pool...

Yep. No pool. Have you ever heard me say "I didn't want the pool"?? I meant it. I don't touch the thing. I'm all for filling the damn thing in. All last week David was out of town and I didn't touch it. Needless to say - it wasn't exactly clean and clear Friday when he got home. Not gross with algae growing or anything... just dirty and a bit cloudy. So Friday night D went and got the stuff he needed to clean it but it just wasn't enough time.

Plus I don't think it would have mattered anyway. Only one kid brought his trunks and the pools probably only in the 60's.

But we did play CORN HOLE! and ladder toss. And I drank several beers throughout the afternoon to get through it all. (just kidding. They're good guys. But I did drink several beers. It was scary - I had several of the guys eying my brew throughout the afternoon...)

It was a good time but we'll be eating hamburgers, hot dogs and baked beans for the next 6 months!

3 comments:

emily said...

oh dear, they all look so young . . .

Zoo Keeper said...

I know!! The ones in this picture are 18 - 20, I think. Maybe only 19...

It really made me feel old!!

MadHatter said...

Ahhh, Mrs. Robinson!!