For any of you who follow my friend Emily's blog you'll be happy to know (if you haven't visited her recently enough) that she gave birth to her twins on July 1st. Both babies (Finn and Mirabelle) are doing great, as is mom. I believe she now has a post up about them so check her out!!
Congratulations Em!! Let the fun begin!!!!
In sadder news, David and I attended the funeral of a fellow rower this afternoon. He was tragically killed while cycling with a friend this past Friday. He was only 47 and had a wife and 3 teenage boys.
Please, please, please watch out for cyclist, runners, et certa on the roads!!!
Life and death events, I'm sure, get many people thinking about, well, life and death.
Both the birth of Em's twins and the death of a fellow rower remind me to live each day to the fullest. Life is a gift. Live it, don't waste it.
4 comments:
Sorry for the loss of your friend (and yeah Emily). Life is indeed a gift.
Danny told me about your Facebook comment. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.
I can relate to that! After my running accident I had a whole new perspective, it was the best thing that ever happened to me, ironically. But I am so sorry to hear about your friend and I am sending good thoughts to his family.
thanks for thinking of me, Jules! i'm sorry about your friend. it must be the new mommy hormones, but i've got a new respect for life (obviously) and oddly death right now.
Post a Comment