Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer fun

I have to yell at Sweet T. You got me in trouble!!! (read her comment.)

D and I were out to dinner a few weekends back with our friends JJ and the farmer and I was talking about the cookout we're going to have and all the ideas people gave me. I proceeded to tell them we should get "corn hole". All three of them looked at me with this very bizarre look - and started laughing.

Apparently "corn hole" means something ENTIRELY different around here. And it ain't a lawn game!!!

After explaining what it was I trying to do I was informed that it is called "bean bag toss" around here and was warned about saying "corn hole" in public.

Thanks Sweet T!! ; )

I'm curious - do your friends look at you funny when you call it "corn hole"????

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still laughing about that one! We saw "corn hole" in the store and I couldn't stop laughing. I told the farmer we should have gotten it for you!

emily said...

okay, this post is like standing in a circle at a party where everyone is laughing but you have NO CLUE what's so funny, so you laugh anyway . . . i have no idea what 'corn hole' means, if i google it will my computer crash?

Sweet T said...

I'm with Emily. I didn't know corn hole had any other meaning. I actually learned the term here in the midwest. We just called it the good ole bean bag toss growing up. Hmmmm....curious, though! Sorry to make yourself (and me) look like idiots!

Also curious, do you think the group will get past this story and play the game? I still support any game that can be played while holding a beer in one hand!

Sweet T said...

So, after writing the previous comment I googled cornhole. Over 1 million entries and every single entry on the first page was related to the bean bag toss. On the second page I saw the urbandictionary website listing 45 different meanings of cornhole. Hmmmm....I can see why your friends laughed! My definition did come up 4th, however!